- Mix any four gasses
- Applications include control-of-breathing and hypoxia studies
- Accurate custom gas mixtures
- Wide range of gasses and flows
- Custom gas configurations at no extra cost
- Stored programs for immediate retrieval
- Stand-alone or computer controlled with supplied software
- Controlled flow range for any input gas: 10cc/min - 20 liters/min (Note 1)
- Flow accuracy (percent of full scale): +1.0%
- Flow setting repeatability: +0.15%
- Resolution: 0.1%
- Temperature coefficient: 0.05% / oC
- Pressure coefficient: 0.01% / oC
- Response time (to 0.2%): <1 second
- Materials exposed to gas: Delrin with Viton seals
- Standard gasses for input: Air, O2, CO2, and N2 (Note 2)
- Operating temperature range: 5 - 40° C
- Input gas temperature range: 0 - 50° C
- Minimum input gas pressure: 20psi
- Maximum input gas pressure: 100psi
- Gas inlet connections: quick push/pull 1/4” OD tubing connectors
- Gas mixture outlet connection: quick push/pull 1/4” OD tubing connector
- Analog gas concentration output scaling for each channel: 0.05V / %
- Serial data format: 9600 baud, 8 data, no parity, 1 stop bit
- Electrical requirements: 120VAC/220VAC switchable, 35VA
- Dimensions: 19W x 5.25H x 12D in., 49W x 13H x 30D cm
- Weight: 20 lbs. (9kg)
Note 1: Not to be used for Human Life Support applications.
Note 2: Many other gasses can be selected, except explosive mixtures, which MAY NOT be used.
The GSM-4 Gas Mixer creates custom gas blends from any four input gasses. A mixture is defined by a Total Flow, and the percent concentration of each gas. The resulting flow for each gas is computed and displayed on the LCD display. Four user-defined mixtures can be stored locally on the GSM-4 and turned on/off with a pushbutton. Using the supplied GSM-4-CommVS software, any number of mixtures can be saved on the computer and recalled as needed. The GSM-4 can be operated solely with the front-panel controls, or controlled by the supplied software (see below). Each GSM-4 is customized with the most appropriate flow controllers for the intended application.
This software runs on Windows 7, 10 or later versions, and allows user-defined mixture configurations to be saved and loaded as needed. The Sequencer uses a simple programming language to perform timed protocols These timed sequences can be named, stored, and repeated as needed. This capability eliminates the need to manually switch gas mixtures for a particular experimental protocol. Each step in the sequence is programed with a TIME, and a FUNCTION selected from a drop-down menu.
Each GSM-4 gas mixer is customized at no additional cost to you. If you have any questions about configuring the GSM-4 to meet your needs, please let us know. Our technical team is ready to work with you in determining the best flow control ranges required to optimally customize your gas mixer.